Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The MacKade Brothers by Nora Roberts, briefly.

After I enjoyed Vision in White (The Bride Quartet, Book 1) and Bed of Roses (The Bride Quartet, Book 2) so much last month, I went on a short Nora Roberts reading spree.  I read an excellent review of Heart Of Devin Mackade (Heartbreakers, The Mackade Brothers) on Katidom and decided that that would be an excellent series to pick up. Originally published in the mid-nineties, they were reprinted last year and I was able to get all four in the series from Paperbackswap without waiting.

The MacKade brothers had a reputation for trouble but it's a dozen or so years later and they've all settled down to be outstanding adults.  They are all successful in their chosen fields- business owner, lawyer, sheriff and farmer- and (of course) handsome as they come.  Roberts matches them all with strong independent women and while the men are fairly similar to each other, the women are unique. There are a few ghosts in the series (literally) but they aren't a big part of the plot and nothing hinges on you believing in  magic.  As I've said before, she has a way with families and friends that makes reading her connected books a real pleasure. This set reminded me a good bit of her Chesapeake Bay Series, so much that I had to dig my copies of those out of storage. If you're a fan of Nora Roberts, this is a good set to pick up.

They should be read in the following order:
Return Of Rafe Mackade (Heartbreakers) (The Mackade Brothers)
Pride Of Jared Mackade (The Mackade Brothers/)
Available in one volume as:
The MacKade Brothers: Rafe And Jared: The Return Of Rafe MacKadeThe Pride Of Jared MacKade


Heart Of Devin Mackade (Heartbreakers, The Mackade Brothers)
Fall Of Shane Mackade (The Mackade Brothers)
Available in one volume as:
The MacKade Brothers: Devin and Shane: The Heart Of Devin MacKadeThe Fall Of Shane MacKade


My favorite of the bunch was probably Devin, with Rafe a close second.

You can visit Nora Robert's online here.




I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP